Katy Perry Wins American Music Awards Special Achievement Prize

katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011
katy perry ama 2011

Katy Perry was presented with a special achievement award at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night (20th November).

The ‘Teenage Dream’ singer, dressed all in pink, performed her latest single ‘The One That Got Away’ but was surprised by presenter Heidi Klum straight afterward.

Katy was handed the award for being the first woman in pop music history to achieve five number one singles from one album.

“Can I just say thank you so much for letting me be a chameleon this year?” Katy said, during her acceptance speech. “I am very very pleased and I want to give thanks to my amazing record label EMI.

“I love you so much and I also love my fans and it’s been amazing. I want to thank my band and all the people that came out to see me and all of you guys because you’re pretty cool too.”

The ‘Last Friday Night’ singer was visibly shocked and received a standing ovation from the crowd following her performance.